I need help with my email.

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
abigailvega

I need help with my email.

Post by abigailvega »

Some how I made two acct. Well I only need one. So when I made the first acct actually my husband made it for me with our family email. Then I made a second acct because I wanted a more personal email. How can I change my original accounts email to my more personal email. Is it an administrative change? Because I can't find anywhere to change it? Help!!!
deannawinterrose

Re: I need help with my email.

Post by deannawinterrose »

Having created more than one account, your best bet would be to call in to FamilySearch at 1-866-406-1830 and let them know what's happened. They can pull up the two (or more) accounts, help you figure out which one you want to keep, and direct you to the appropriate department to have the duplicates deleted.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: I need help with my email.

Post by jdlessley »

The first question to help resolve the issue is to ask whether you are a church member or not. If you are not and you created the accounts to access FamilySearch then deannawinterrose's post may help.

However, if you are a church member then you can have your ward clerk contact the Global Service Center (GSC) on your behalf and have the two accounts merged, or one deleted, and the email address updated. Once they are merged, or one deleted, you have several ways to manage your email address in the future.

The first is through the LDS Account portal at the Contact Settings tab.

The second method is to add or edit you personal email address online at the LDS Directory. Log into the Directory and select "My Household" in the left pane and then click the Edit button at the top of the right pane. Then click the Edit link below you name, if you already have a personal email address listed, or click the "Add an email" link, if there is not one currently provided. These edits to the Directory will propagate to your LDS Account and update it. Additionally an update to your LDS Account email address will update your personal email address in the Directory.

The third method is to have your ward clerk add or edit your personal email address for your membership record. This will have the same affect as if you followed the second method. This method is easier for those who are technology challenged.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”