I just updated my contact information on FamilySearch (Home Phone, and Address). Then, I just got texted a validation code that I wasn't notified that I would be receiving, and a message that my mobile number had been changed; however, I didn't change my mobile number in my contact information.
I also got an email saying that I changed my mobile phone information, but I looked on my contact information in my account, and my mobile number hadn't changed. Should I do anything about this?
LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Community Moderators
- Posts: 1260
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:32 am
- Location: Dundee, Oregon
If it were me, I would go into FamilySearch once more for good measure and verify that the mobile phone number listed is correct. If it is correct (and unchanged from earlier), I would write off the notifications as the automated system being a little less precise than would be ideal. Not necessarily on FamilySearch, but I have seen cases where a change to only one item in a form causes an automated system to indicate it thinks other items on the form had changed. It's possible the issue constitutes a bug. On the other hand, the message might simply be a little imprecise.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests