Changing Contact Info on FamilySearch

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
fab1

Changing Contact Info on FamilySearch

Post by fab1 »

I just updated my contact information on FamilySearch (Home Phone, and Address). Then, I just got texted a validation code that I wasn't notified that I would be receiving, and a message that my mobile number had been changed; however, I didn't change my mobile number in my contact information.

I also got an email saying that I changed my mobile phone information, but I looked on my contact information in my account, and my mobile number hadn't changed. Should I do anything about this?

Thanks, Fred
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Changing Contact Info on FamilySearch

Post by rmrichesjr »

If it were me, I would go into FamilySearch once more for good measure and verify that the mobile phone number listed is correct. If it is correct (and unchanged from earlier), I would write off the notifications as the automated system being a little less precise than would be ideal. Not necessarily on FamilySearch, but I have seen cases where a change to only one item in a form causes an automated system to indicate it thinks other items on the form had changed. It's possible the issue constitutes a bug. On the other hand, the message might simply be a little imprecise.

Return to “Church Account”