Sunday's problems and password change started problems only with mobile apps

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Dyany

Sunday's problems and password change started problems only with mobile apps

Post by Dyany »

OK, so I know there were system problems on Sunday. So as I was trying to do my scripture study and other work in various LDS apps on Sunday, it gave me all sorts of errors, mostly saying that my account had a problem or my password (which was saved) was wrong. So I reset my password (dumb, I know, but I thought it was a problem with my account, and didn't realize it was the system yet). After the system came back up, I tested on my desktop and the new password worked fine, so I thought I was okay. Wrong!
Ever since then, NONE of the LDS apps on my tablet will log in. LDS Tools, Gospel Library, LDS Media, EVERYTHING says the new password is wrong. I even reset it again this morning and made 100% sure I was using the right one, but they all tell me it's wrong. Obviously, since I'm here, it still works on my desktop (I reset it to the same thing I reset it to on Sunday). What in the heck? How can I get the logins to work properly again on my mobile devices?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Sunday's problems and password change problems only with mobile apps

Post by jdlessley »

Are you typing in the password or using the saved password in the applications?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnshaw

Re: Sunday's problems and password change started problems only with mobile apps

Post by johnshaw »

Reset it again, then reset it in all your apps.... something is likely out-of-sync
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Church Account”