Can't log into lds tools

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
mspat_99

Can't log into lds tools

Post by mspat_99 »

I can't get past the login page of lds tools
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Can't log into lds tools

Post by jdlessley »

mspat_99 wrote:I can't get past the login page of lds tools
What error message are you getting? Did you have an active account before you were unable to log in?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

You need to add your membership number to your account (if this is the account you are using for LDS Tools).
colettemeek

Post by colettemeek »

I'm having the same problem. I can log in here but LDS tools says "sign in failed, check your username and password" despite my having had the correct password and username and changing it on LDS.org just to be sure. Also cannot log into LDS.org elsewhere with old or new password, just says various errors messages. I have a member number and have had an LDS account for at least 10 years.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

colettemeek wrote:I'm having the same problem. I can log in here but LDS tools says "sign in failed, check your username and password" despite my having had the correct password and username and changing it on LDS.org just to be sure. Also cannot log into LDS.org elsewhere with old or new password, just says various errors messages. I have a member number and have had an LDS account for at least 10 years.
Today I was seeing issues with the Tools services being down. Does it work now that we aren't in the big Sunday rush?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jonesrk wrote:Today I was seeing issues with the Tools services being down. Does it work now that we aren't in the big Sunday rush?
Today was particularly challenging. Even our clerks trying to use LCR were not able to sign in for most of the day. I think the bottleneck may have been with the sign on validation, wherever that takes place. I had trouble with LCR, this Forum, and most other places where SSO is used.

At midday, I also got the out of service page frequently, which rarely means out of service, but rather that the site is busy at the moment. And many of our auditors were not able to complete their audits today.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Not to mention a flood of complaints about trying to access FamilySearch.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
deltalima

Post by deltalima »

I cannot access LDS tools on my Samsung S4. I've always been able to before until a couple months ago. I can log in here on my desktop using the same user/pass I've always had, but LDS tools says "sign in failed, check your username and password". I've had a membership number added for some time and have had an LDS account since they were available.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

deltalima wrote:I cannot access LDS tools on my Samsung S4.
Have you upgraded to Android 5? I think that is as far as I was able to go on the S4. It was not automatic and did not come over the air. I had to specifically go get it.

Tools was working for me still a month or so ago when I traded out my S4. But I had manually upgraded to Android 5.

Return to “Church Account”