unable to access my reset email

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: unable to access my reset email

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Maybe people who have a bank account set up to pay tithing online?
Nope. I pay on-line.

JD did say that at one time he had a box checked that would prevent use of a MRN to reset. Perhaps the "uncheck" process is slow or broken.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:Maybe people who have a bank account set up to pay tithing online?
Nope. I pay on-line.
Same here.
russellhltn wrote:JD did say that at one time he had a box checked that would prevent use of a MRN to reset. Perhaps the "uncheck" process is slow or broken.
What about 2-factor authentication? I do not have it enabled.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:What about 2-factor authentication? I do not have it enabled.
Nor do I. But I'd think that would only affect the SMS option, not the MRN & Birthdate.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

When testing by using my wife's username the "Forgot your password?" link brings up two options for her after entering her username. She gets the email address and MRN options. There is no SMS option. We both have been using the online payment of tithes and offerings since it was first available.

Not withstanding the situation I have discovered for myself and probably for a unique set of others, the advise to use the "Forgot your password?" link on the LDS Account sign-in page is still good advice for a great majority of the general membership.

It will be interesting to find out what circumstances limit all three of the normally available options for some members.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”