Password Expiration

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
clingren
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:10 am

Password Expiration

Postby clingren » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:14 am

i have used the same username and password for my lds.org and familysearch access for several years and do not want to change them. Why should my being called as a Church Service missionary require me to change them? If that is required, can I resign as a Church Service missionary and just do the same work as a volunteer?

Clinton Lingren

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15032
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: Password Expiration

Postby aebrown » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:00 pm

clingren wrote:i have used the same username and password for my lds.org and familysearch access for several years and do not want to change them. Why should my being called as a Church Service missionary require me to change them?

Changing your LDS Account password periodically is a requirement for everyone who is considered part of the Workforce. You may not like that policy, but it comes with the calling (or being an employee of the Church).

clingren wrote:If that is required, can I resign as a Church Service missionary and just do the same work as a volunteer?

I suppose you can ask your leaders (no one here on the forum can answer for the particular area where you are serving). Most service mission callings require you to be a called missionary, but perhaps there might be an exception.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 22853
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Password Expiration

Postby russellhltn » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:02 pm

aebrown wrote:
clingren wrote:If that is required, can I resign as a Church Service missionary and just do the same work as a volunteer?

I suppose you can ask your leaders (no one here on the forum can answer for the particular area where you are serving). Most service mission callings require you to be a called missionary, but perhaps there might be an exception.

If a password change is already required, I'm not sure if leaving Workforce will clear that.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

User avatar
sbradshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 3442
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Provo, UT
Contact:

Re: Password Expiration

Postby sbradshaw » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:28 am

From what I understand, the "workforce" classification has less to do with your role, and more to do with what systems you have access to. If the work you're doing grants access to anything at ldschurch.org (which is the workforce site, as opposed to just lds.org), then I think your account will be classified as "workforce," whether you're an employee, missionary, or volunteer. As an example, seminary teachers enter attendance at wise.ldschurch.org – they are considered "workforce," even if it's just a calling.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.


Return to “LDS Account”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests