Can't login, can't reset password

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
ladawn250

Can't login, can't reset password

Postby ladawn250 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:02 pm

Please help! I've reset my password several times, and each time it tells me it's incorrect. I can't get in! Oddly, it let me sign in here, but it won't allow me to at lds.org. I've tried their suggestion of clearing all the browser history several times, but it still won't let me in regardless of how many times I try to reset my password. Any suggestions? My username is correct.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't login, can't reset password

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:23 pm

You might try waiting a half hour or longer after the change.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

dereksmith

Postby dereksmith » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:41 pm

I had the same problem, although I kept trying over a span of 3-4 weeks! That is to say, I would reset my password, try the new login, fail, then wait a day or two, try again...

Finally I came here to the forums and saw that you could try resolving it through the Global Service Center:

https://www.lds.org/help/support/suppor ... ice-center

* in case you can't get to the page for some reason: 1-855-LDS-HELP (1-855-537-4357)

srdensley

Postby srdensley » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:01 pm

I am resetting my daughter's password and when I get to the point of entering the new password and confirming the new password, I click the submit button and it does nothing.

wengun

Postby wengun » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Has anyone had success in resolving this issue? I was able to use my user name and password to log in here, so I know it's correct, but I can't log into the actual site and I can't sync my lds tools because it keeps telling me my user name or password are incorrect. I deleted my browser history as suggested, but still can't log in. Does anyone have a solution that worked?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:04 pm

wengun wrote:I can't sync my lds tools because it keeps telling me my user name or password are incorrect.

LDS Tools and some sites require that you have a MRN associated with your account. Go to ldsaccount.lds.org and make sure there's a MRN attached.

One does not have to be a member to log into this forum.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “LDS Account”