UNABLE TO ACCESS GENEALOGY SITE

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
SEDAME

UNABLE TO ACCESS GENEALOGY SITE

Postby SEDAME » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:48 am

THE GENEALOGY SITE DOES NOT ACCEPT MY USERNAME AND/OR PASSWORD, HOWEVER, THE SAME INFORMATION WAS USED TO ENTER THIS SITE.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: UNABLE TO ACCESS GENEALOGY SITE

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:08 am

Which site are you referring to? LDS Account only works at FamilySearch.org.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

lethastyles

Postby lethastyles » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:22 pm

I have registered my mother for the free genealogy account but it then says invalid username or password, when I request the username be resent it sends it as I typed it but when I enter it and try to retrieve the password it says the user name it just retrieved for me, which is the one I registered, is invalid.

rossemaryvargas

Postby rossemaryvargas » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:32 pm

You need activate your account.
After sign in LDS.org>Accounts settings> verification in two steps you will see if the account is activated.

cfpops

Postby cfpops » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:55 pm

I just completed the username and password and thought I was granted access. I logged out, then attempted to login again. It said that either my username or password are incorrect. I had emails and text messages sent to me for the username and then for password. Those are correct, but I still cannot sign in. I have checked the forums and wiki and still cannot fix this problem. Help! David

bstickler1295

Postby bstickler1295 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:48 pm

I am having the same problem. Just signed up today and it wouldn't work. I verified my account via text first and it wouldn't let me log in. Tried signing up for another account with a different email and it still would not work and I verified with email that time. I tried resetting password as well. Nothing works.

hollybarnett73

Postby hollybarnett73 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:17 pm

I'm having the same problem

JohnEF1942

Postby JohnEF1942 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:44 am

I am having the same problem.

I am also having the same problem when trying to directly log into the Family Search Org site. However, I can login through the LDS option.

The login fails but when I get the UserID and password confirmed I get the same ID and password that I was trying to login with!

I keep going round in circles - very frustrating.

Return to “LDS Account”