Patriachial blessing problem-system inputs my stepdad's info as my father

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
tashatino

Patriachial blessing problem-system inputs my stepdad's info as my father

Post by tashatino »

Hi, trying to see my patriachial blessing online. Some required info is father's name, so I input my biological dad's info but the system rejects it, won't allow me to continue, and automatically inserts my step dad's info... do I just accept my step dad (who yes is sealed in the temple to my mother) as my 'dad', or is that going to mess other stuff up? My online family tree is already messed up from this same problem by the way.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Patriachial blessing problem-system inputs my stepdad's info as my father

Post by russellhltn »

As far as I know, the membership system only accepts one farther.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

You should check with your ward clerk and make sure the correct information is recorded on your membership record. If there are problems he can make changes.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:You should check with your ward clerk and make sure the correct information is recorded on your membership record. If there are problems he can make changes.
The membership records are supposed to be what even the legal situation is. If OP was legally adopted by his step dad then that would explain why his step dad is showing on his record.

FamilySeach can handle this kind of situations quite well. It can record biological parents and any subsequent marriages, adoptions, whatever. But the membership records are less accommodating - at least as far as what shows up on the ward records. There can only be one father and I'd expect it would be the legal father.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”