Password Recovery

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
joseph.diaz

Password Recovery

Post by joseph.diaz »

One member in my Ward does not remember his password for his LDS account. When we try to recover his password, the system sends his password to an email account he no longer uses and cannot enter. What to do in this case?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Password Recovery

Post by russellhltn »

If the member has associated his MRN with this account, there is an option to reset the password with MRN and birth date.

As a clerk, you can change the email associated with the member in the directory - that may change the email associated with the LDS Account (again, that's assuming they entered the MRN in that account.)

Note, it's been my experience that once reset, it can take some time before the password starts working everywhere it should.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ltemike

Post by ltemike »

Note, it's been my experience that once reset, it can take some time before the password starts working everywhere it should.
There needs to be a published timeframe associated with this quirk.

The password reset concluding page says, "Your password is now ready to use."

It needs to say, "Please allow XX minutes until your new password is ready to use."

I've gone crazy a few times trying to reset my password, resetting it a 2nd time because it still failed after the first reset, etc.

The reset page needs to set correct expectations. It does not.
brockmar

Post by brockmar »

I've been trying to help a friend reset their password but every time (even when tried on a different computer and internet access) when we press the button to submit the new passwords nothing happens. I think there is something wrong with the page.

Return to “Church Account”