Reset two factor authentication

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
joachimvalgren

Reset two factor authentication

Postby joachimvalgren » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:06 am

I recently had to factory reset my phone, as I managed to break it completely. I had previously set up two factor authentication with the Google authenticator app, so the reset means that I no longer have access to the app. Where can I get this resolved?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Reset two factor authentication

Postby russellhltn » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:59 am

You might try the instructions found on this page for moving to a new phone.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

blrogers

Postby blrogers » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:59 pm

@joachimvalgren,

Were you able to figure out how to fix your problem? The link provided by one of the answers in this thread is not answering the question that you're asking, I think.

I also lost my authenticator app, but now LDS.org is requiring it... there's no way to recover it as far as I can tell and I'm completely locked out of my account settings.

claydiffrient

Postby claydiffrient » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:42 am

I'm in this same situation :(

g8597963

Postby g8597963 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:41 pm

Have any of you been able to resolve this problem for your accounts? I have been stuck without access for a few weeks now after having to reset my android phone. I also haven't heard back when emailing the church support team.

josepe500

Postby josepe500 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:27 pm

I had the same issue. My Android phone died and I could not register a new device.

I was able to get Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) deleted from my LDS account by calling into the Global Support phone number (https://www.lds.org/help/support/toll-f ... c?lang=eng). Global IT also said that e-mailing Support would also work, but it takes a few days. I mentioned that it would be helpful to include these details on the help page for MFA.

Return to “LDS Account”