Log-ons

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
gfstreuling

Log-ons

Postby gfstreuling » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Before I changed my password, my computer remembered my password. Since then, I have to retype my new password every time I log on. How can I make my computer remember my new password?

lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Log-ons

Postby lajackson » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:48 am

gfstreuling wrote:How can I make my computer remember my new password?

There is a settingr in most browsers that will allow the browser to remember a password for a website. In Firefox, for example, it is under Tools. You browser may have it under Tools, Settings, Internet Options, or something similar.

I would personally note that it is not normally a good idea to have a computer remember a password, unless the device is totally under your control and no one else is using it. If someone else uses the computer, they will have full access to any site for which you saved the password, just as if it were you that was using the site.

drepouille

Postby drepouille » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:14 pm

When I was STS, I configured all browsers on all the PCs I installed to NOT remember passwords. However, some clerks changed those settings. There was one time when I was updating a clerk's computer, and I directed the browser to lds.org. I was automatically logged in as the bishop of that ward. How convenient!
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:49 pm

drepouille wrote:When I was STS, I configured all browsers on all the PCs I installed to NOT remember passwords. However, some clerks changed those settings.

I've done the same, but as a policy. That makes it a little harder to change then just going into the settings. However, I don't know were to find that same policy when it comes to Chrome.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “LDS Account”