Changing my last name

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
korbvade

Changing my last name

Postby korbvade » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi,

My name on my LDS Account is currently Korbie Vaden, which is what I originally set it up as. I just wanted to change my last name on my account since I got married a couple of years ago. When I change it to my current last name and try to save it though, I get a message that says: A user with this account information already exists. If you need help recovering your account, please visit our help page. I looked through your help page and didn't find anything. I'm pretty sure I haven't made an account with my new last name, so I'm not sure where the problem is. Please help!!

Thanks,

Korbie V

carolinealiceb

Re: Changing my last name

Postby carolinealiceb » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:10 am

Hi
I have the same problem. I got married almost 3 years ago and I don't know how to change my last name. I tried to, but it never worked and all I got was an email back saying I'd taken my cell number off my account and I hadn't even changed that.
I wonder if there is a phone number I can call to sort this out?

Thanks

Caroline

Biggles

Postby Biggles » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:59 am

Work with your Ward Clerk, or Membership Clerk to remedy.

As well as your individual name, don't forget the Household name.

carolinealiceb

Postby carolinealiceb » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:56 pm

Thank you for your help :)

Return to “LDS Account”