Role

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
ldoll1

Role

Post by ldoll1 »

I have no idea what "role" I have that requires frequent PW changes. How do I find out what my "role" is?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Role

Post by aebrown »

ldoll1 wrote:I have no idea what "role" I have that requires frequent PW changes. How do I find out what my "role" is?
In general, your LDS Account password has to be changed regularly if you are considered to be part of the workforce. To determine if that is the case, sign in to ldsaccount.lds.org. If you have a tab called "Workforce", then you are considered to be part of the workforce (but there's no information about exactly why you are part of the workforce).

Why are people part of the workforce? Some reasons:
  • A Church employee
  • A seminary or institute teacher
  • A general authority, Church service missionary, full-time missionary, or other volunteer who needs access to certain internal Church systems.
That last point is a bit vague, but it encompasses a wide variety of possibilities. Hopefully you'll remember some calling or assignment you've had that would have placed you in the "workforce." We've seen other reports that when people are released from such callings or assignments, the Workforce designation is not always promptly removed. If you remember that calling or assignment, you could contact your supervisor there to ask them to remove your workforce designation.

Return to “Church Account”