Problem with LDSAccount

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
User avatar
RetamalesDA
New Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:06 am
Location: Chile, Rancagua

Problem with LDSAccount

Postby RetamalesDA » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:27 am

I'm trying to change my email address in my LDSAccount, but when the system sends the verification email, the link is missing.

Too I'm helping to my stake president to register an account in LDSAccount, but when the system sends the email to confirm the email adress, the link is missing.

Regards,

Daniel.

(sorry for my english level, my native language is spanish)

crislapi
Senior Member
Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Postby crislapi » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:47 am

RetamalesDA wrote:I'm trying to change my email address in my LDSAccount, but when the system sends the verification email, the link is missing.

Too I'm helping to my stake president to register an account in LDSAccount, but when the system sends the email to confirm the email adress, the link is missing.


I haven't set up an LDSaccount recently, so this may be a new bug. However, I'd first suggest you check the security settings of your email client. It may be removing the link.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20755
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:27 am

I tested it and it seems to work. However the link is very long (2 lines worth) and is likely to be broken by many mail clients.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

User avatar
RetamalesDA
New Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:06 am
Location: Chile, Rancagua

Postby RetamalesDA » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:51 am

crislapi wrote:I haven't set up an LDSaccount recently, so this may be a new bug. However, I'd first suggest you check the security settings of your email client. It may be removing the link.


The president and I are using gmail, today i'm trying to register another account for the first counselor of the stake presidency, and again when the system sends the confirmation email the link is invalid; the counselor uses gmail service.

Perhaps it is an error only with the gmail service? ...

Someone else has registered a LDSAccount using a gmail account? .....

(again sorry for my english, my native language is spanish)

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20755
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:56 am

RetamalesDA wrote:Someone else has registered a LDSAccount using a gmail account? .....


<Raises his hand>
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

User avatar
kd7mha
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Logan, Utah

Postby kd7mha » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:57 am

RetamalesDA wrote:The president and I are using gmail, today i'm trying to register another account for the first counselor of the stake presidency, and again when the system sends the confirmation email the link is invalid; the counselor uses gmail service.

Perhaps it is an error only with the gmail service? ...

Someone else has registered a LDSAccount using a gmail account? .....

(again sorry for my english, my native language is spanish)




I helped my wife sign-up recently and had no problems with using a Gmail address.
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.

User avatar
RetamalesDA
New Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:06 am
Location: Chile, Rancagua

Postby RetamalesDA » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:11 am

kd7mha wrote:I helped my wife sign-up recently and had no problems with using a Gmail address.


I get this message from the link ,"The link has expired or is no longer valid."

I sent several mails to the helpdesk, but have not received answers, the stake president either.

zonadp-p40
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:09 pm
Location: sugar city, ID USA

Postby zonadp-p40 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:22 pm

I am unable to complete my regristration as my e-mail address is wrong and I need to change it

techgy
Community Moderators
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: California

Postby techgy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:21 pm

zonadp wrote:I am unable to complete my regristration as my e-mail address is wrong and I need to change it


You can follow the instruction on THIS page and recover your logon. Check the box that says you don't remember or have an Email address. You will need your membership number and confirmation date.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 6526
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Postby jdlessley » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:43 pm

Techgy wrote:You can follow the instruction on THIS page and recover your logon. To do so you will need your membership number and confirmation date.
Will that work when the e-mail address entered into the original registration is no longer a valid e-mail address? Doesn't the last part of registration involve getting a message in which you must click a link to complete the registration process?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?


Return to “LDS Account”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest