I do not understand

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
BooksAreGood

I do not understand

Post by BooksAreGood »

As far as I remember I have not signed up for an LDS.org account yet when I went to put in my Record/Membership number it wouldn't let me... it says that I can't use it or that it is being used... I would really like to know what is going on.. Thanks, Tara Lynn Hepworth
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: I do not understand

Post by aebrown »

BooksAreGood wrote:As far as I remember I have not signed up for an LDS.org account yet when I went to put in my Record/Membership number it wouldn't let me... it says that I can't use it or that it is being used...
It's not uncommon for people to sign up for an account using FamilySearch or some other site, not realizing that by so doing they have actually signed up for an LDS Account. That may or may not be your situation.

But regardless of how this may have happened, you can recover the account associated with your Membership Record Number:
  1. Go to ldsaccount.lds.org
  2. Click on the "Forgot your username?" link (immediately below the LDS Account Username entry field).
  3. When asked how to recover your username, click on "Membership Record Number (MRN)"
  4. Enter your MRN and your Birth Date
  5. Click "Recover"
At that point, you'll receive a text message and/or email with your username. If you can't access the mobile phone and/or email address associated with that account, then follow the instructions for contacting Support. If you are able to learn your username, then repeat the above steps, except this time click on "Forgot your password?" and use your username to recover your password.

Return to “Church Account”