Parental Consent Verification not working

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
nathangg

Re: Parental Consent Verification not working

Post by nathangg »

FYI: this issue is still occurring... it just happened with me.

Looks like I'll be calling my ward clerk and having them call the global service center.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

Here's how it got fixed for me:

1) Wait 2 days and the registration system seems to auto-unregister any half-registered youth
2) Re-register and use your MRN to give consent rather than an email address

I know waiting a few days may not work for everyone given schedules and timelines, however, it seemed to work fine in my situation.

Thank you,
Nathan
dhenze

Post by dhenze »

We were registering youth so we could get them logged into Family Search. We entered the verification e-mail incorrectly. As such, it did not send an email to the parent and we could not get the verification code. What can we do to change the parents e-mail so it will send the message to the right e-mail.
dkbrimhall

Post by dkbrimhall »

I am trying to register my 3 kids. I get the verification email but when I click on it it says it's expired. I'm clicking on it only minutes later. I've waited a couple days also to try and re-register and it does the same thing.
asolcayo

Post by asolcayo »

I am trying t get the young men enrolled but the verification codes are not getting to our overseas numbers (Costa Rica), this is getting a bit frustating specially since most of the young men are under 13 years and this requires lots of permissions, I have tried several now how can I recover them?
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

The parents can verify youth without email or cell numbers by leaving both of those fields blank. On a later screen, parents will be asked to verify with their MRN.
koakey

Post by koakey »

I just experienced this as I tried to register my 12 yr old son. I clicked on the "Help" link in the right hand corner and there was a link to resend a verification code. I clicked on the link and a new verification code was sent to my email address. The new code was valid and verified ok. Hope this helps someone else that may have this problem.
shay2009

Post by shay2009 »

Started me reading help and I was able to find a code to page to do as you stated.
jerrobertson

Post by jerrobertson »

When an account is created, the page typically takes the user to a page that is asking for a verification code. However, please check the page carefully. It may be that the page that is requesting a code is actually for email or SMS verification, and not the correct page for parental consent. I believe there is a link in the parental consent email that will take you to the right place for inputting that code.

Yes, that's confusing and frustrating.

Return to “Church Account”