Opening a new LDS.org account

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
garrardk

Opening a new LDS.org account

Postby garrardk » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:34 pm

I am trying to open a new account so I can make my donations separate from my husband's. I couldn't use the same e-mail as the one connected to my husband's account, so I have been trying to create my account using an email account that I have had, but rarely used. LDS.org has been sending me a verification code to that email account, but I have not received it. I have tried to have them re-send it, but am getting nothing. I have had my son send me and email to my new account and it came through, also from my other email account, so I don't know where the problem is.

rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Opening a new LDS.org account

Postby rmrichesjr » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:08 pm

One idea until someone with a better idea responds: Is there any possibility the verification message is being classified as spam and rejected and put into a spam bucket? If the vendor/operator of the email service where the account is located has a spam bucket, have you checked there?

I don't know off the top of my head what sending email address is used for those messages. If someone here does, perhaps that address could be whitelisted (put into the known good senders list).

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Opening a new LDS Account

Postby jdlessley » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:45 pm

If you are using an email client, such as MS Outlook, to get your email messages, then try accessing your email through a web browser and doing as rmrichesjr suggests and look in the spam or junk folder.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

Return to “LDS Account”