Opening a new LDS.org account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
garrardk

Opening a new LDS.org account

Post by garrardk »

I am trying to open a new account so I can make my donations separate from my husband's. I couldn't use the same e-mail as the one connected to my husband's account, so I have been trying to create my account using an email account that I have had, but rarely used. LDS.org has been sending me a verification code to that email account, but I have not received it. I have tried to have them re-send it, but am getting nothing. I have had my son send me and email to my new account and it came through, also from my other email account, so I don't know where the problem is.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Opening a new LDS.org account

Post by rmrichesjr »

One idea until someone with a better idea responds: Is there any possibility the verification message is being classified as spam and rejected and put into a spam bucket? If the vendor/operator of the email service where the account is located has a spam bucket, have you checked there?

I don't know off the top of my head what sending email address is used for those messages. If someone here does, perhaps that address could be whitelisted (put into the known good senders list).
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Opening a new LDS Account

Post by jdlessley »

If you are using an email client, such as MS Outlook, to get your email messages, then try accessing your email through a web browser and doing as rmrichesjr suggests and look in the spam or junk folder.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
vanizette

Post by vanizette »

I have an member account, and wish to open a public account for sharing my genealogy with others but without ordinances
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

vanizette wrote:I have an member account, and wish to open a public account for sharing my genealogy with others but without ordinances
It doesn't work that way. In FamilySearch, all deceased persons are public, and all living are visible to the one account only.

Making another account would give exactly the same results as asking others to make their own accounts.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

vanizette wrote:I have an member account, and wish to open a public account for sharing my genealogy with others but without ordinances
Have you tried creating a free account on one of the FamilySearch partner sites?

All LDS Members, Including Youth, Can Now Get Free Access to FamilySearch Partner Websites

All members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as well as LDS youth ages 13-17, can now create their own personal accounts with Ancestry.com, findmypast, and MyHeritage.

See https://www.familysearch.org/partneraccess
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Only members of the LDS church will see ordinances, as I understand. Also, you can change your settings to show or hide LDS ordinances on your screens (I do this when I teach non-LDS persons how to use FamilySearch to avoid confusion when they see my screens).
gbushnell

Post by gbushnell »

I have my own account but my husband wants to open his, when I go to lds.org, it automatically goes to my account and we cant figure out how to by pass it.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

gbushnell wrote:I have my own account but my husband wants to open his, when I go to lds.org, it automatically goes to my account and we cant figure out how to by pass it.
You have probably chosen to have your browser remember your log in credentials and it applies them automatically when you go to the church site. You can change your browser settings (they are different with each browser) or after you are logged in, simply log out without closing the browser and he can set his account up at that point: Click on your name (or the icon that looks like a person at the top right of the screen) and select "Sign Out" at the bottom of the drop-down list that opens.

Return to “Church Account”