How to change Calendar notifications?

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
bretwheadon

How to change Calendar notifications?

Postby bretwheadon » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:27 am

I've been getting calendar notifications for a YM/YW group I'm not a part of - yet I cannot find any place to alter or unsubscribe from the mailings.

sbradshaw

Re: How to change Calendar notifications?

Postby sbradshaw » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:35 am

Do you have a son or daughter in that group? If so, it's possible that one of them has your email address associated with their LDS Account. Correct email addresses can be entered under LDS.org/directory > My Household or at LDSAccount.LDS.org > Contact Settings.

Another thing you could try is going to LDS.org/church-calendar > icon that looks like ">>" on the left panel, and make sure the "Subscribe" slider is switched off for any calendars you don't want notifications for.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to change Calendar notifications?

Postby russellhltn » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:43 am

sbradshaw wrote:Another thing you could try is going to LDS.org/church-calendar > icon that looks like ">>" on the left panel, and make sure the "Subscribe" slider is switched off for any calendars you don't want notifications for.

You don't have to unsubscribe to turn off notifications. Once you expand the left column, there's a checkbox for turning off notifications on individual calendars.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “LDS Account”