Old mission email access

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
ashleerose

Old mission email access

Post by ashleerose »

Is there any way to retrieve old emails from a mission email after it has been disabled? I thought I had transferred my mission emails over to my personal email but am not sure it worked. Is there a way I can access those old emails from myldsmail.net account?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Old mission email access

Post by sbradshaw »

If you're within 18 months of returning, you may be able to recover your emails. More information is on this thread: Need help with mission email
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ParkerFink

Post by ParkerFink »

Hello I returned from my mission in April and my email cancelled in september/ late august. I was hoping to get it back some old messages
contact me at [email removed]
Last edited by russellhltn on Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public forum
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Please follow the advice in the post before yours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
calsop01

Post by calsop01 »

i also returned from my mission in early april and i was looking to get my email back. i called the department and they told me that after 90 days that the account is deleted and can no longer be accessed. this goes against the advice given here. Is this true or did the person i was talking to not know what they were talking about?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

60 days is the time period in which the account is locked. The files and messages are purged as described in this post. Try calling the number in that post.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
em314

Post by em314 »

I tried calling the number as well and they just kept repeating that the account is deleted after 90 days, not deactivated. Is there an email or something that I could use to get a second opinion on the situation? I lost a lot of things I had written because it removed things automatically from my phone when my account was deactivated.
coriannemangelson

Re: Old mission email Access

Post by coriannemangelson »

I returned home from my mission at the end of July 2021 & have all of my mission pictures backed up on my email. Unfortunately, I was unable to get them downloaded before my email was disabled. Please help me get back into my email.
jonesygirl

Post by jonesygirl »

I lost access to all my pictures and emails. I had saved contacts to the email and would like to gain access back so I can get all my contacts and pictures from my mission back. Is there a way I can have my access to the email restored or?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

jonesygirl wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:20 pm I lost access to all my pictures and emails. I had saved contacts to the email and would like to gain access back so I can get all my contacts and pictures from my mission back. Is there a way I can have my access to the email restored or?
Please look a few posts earlier than yours and find one by jdlessley.

Return to “Church Account”