Page 1 of 1

Member receiving incorrect email notifications

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:35 pm
by emickelson
Why would a member of the Relief Society be receiving email notifications from the Elders Quorum- i.e. upcoming events, lessons, etc. Is there a way to stop these notifications from being sent to members who are NOT a member of the organization.

Re: Member receiving incorrect email notifications

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:29 pm
by russellhltn
emickelson wrote:Why would a member of the Relief Society be receiving email notifications from the Elders Quorum- i.e. upcoming events, lessons, etc. Is there a way to stop these notifications from being sent to members who are NOT a member of the organization.

I'm guessing they're getting notifications from the calendar. The calendar system has absolutely no "clue" as to what "Relief Society" or "Elder's Quorum" is or who belongs to it. It's just labels.

It's up to the member to adjust the calendar subscriptions and notifications to suit their needs. There is nothing anyone else can do other then to help the member make those changes.

The only other way I can think of is someone is sending a message. In that case, you need to go back to that person and have them find a more suitable method.

Re: Member receiving incorrect email notifications

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:17 pm
by sbradshaw
Maybe her email address is set as the household email, and her husband's email address isn't filled in, so when the elders quorum president sends a message to all the elders, it goes to the household email?

Re: Member receiving incorrect email notifications

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:38 pm
by emickelson
The member is a single lady, no husband...so she is the "head of household"

Re: Member receiving incorrect email notifications

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:46 am
by lajackson
emickelson wrote:The member is a single lady, no husband...so she is the "head of household"

Her household may be "assigned" to the elders quorum and receiving messages they send about quorum activities to which she may be invited.

Re: Member receiving incorrect email notifications

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:38 am
by russellhltn
lajackson wrote:Her household may be "assigned" to the elders quorum and receiving messages they send about quorum activities to which she may be invited.

Is there a send a message function based on HT? That's the first I've heard about that.

Re: Member receiving incorrect email notifications

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:48 pm
by lajackson
russellhltn wrote:Is there a send a message function based on HT? That's the first I've heard about that.

I don't know, but it would not be based on HT. It would be based on something similar to a class assignment where some single adults are assigned to the EQ and others are assigned to the HP group.

Re: Member receiving incorrect email notifications

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:20 pm
by russellhltn
lajackson wrote:
russellhltn wrote:Is there a send a message function based on HT? That's the first I've heard about that.

I don't know, but it would not be based on HT. It would be based on something similar to a class assignment where some single adults are assigned to the EQ and others are assigned to the HP group.

I don't think the system will allow a single sister to be assigned as a member of a PH quorum. So unless something will email based on HT assignments, I can't see how a messaging function for Priesthood will end up going to a single sister.