Someone is trying to hack my account.

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
isaktjones

Someone is trying to hack my account.

Postby isaktjones » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:44 am

I just got 6 emails saying I forgot my password and requested to change it, but I never forgot my password. My email has a secure password so I'm not worried about them getting ahold of those emails. I just want to know if there are any other ways they can reset my password? If I ignore this is my account secure or should I try and do something about it?

danpass

Re: Someone is trying to hack my account.

Postby danpass » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:48 am

It sounds like your account is secure. If you do feel any concern and decide to change your LDS Account password, go directly to ldsaccount.lds.org to do it and don't click on any links provided in such e-mails. I suspect you already know this, but it may help others who read this.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Someone is trying to hack my account.

Postby russellhltn » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:02 pm

isaktjones wrote:I just got 6 emails saying I forgot my password and requested to change it, but I never forgot my password.

"Hack" is such a strong word. Odds are someone with a username similar to yours is wondering why they can't log in. So they keep trying to reset the password, but never get the emails.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “LDS Account”