Somebody hacked me

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Chrishelton1

Somebody hacked me

Post by Chrishelton1 »

I got an email that I had changed my LDS account password, when I had not done so. I guess someone else did. Luckily I had access to my email through the mail app on my iPad, so I could see that. I already said "forgot password" and made a new one, but I ain't so thrilled about people getting my info. Not to mention, I currently have access to iMos in our mission and it would be pretty bad if someone got ahold of that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Somebody hacked me

Post by russellhltn »

Did you verify that your password was indeed changed? That is, your old password didn't work? There's been a number of those emails that have gone out where the password didn't change. The email itself is false.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”