Two Factor Authentication

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
bpanike

Two Factor Authentication

Postby bpanike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:00 pm

Will the Church consider two factor authentication for login in the future? I personally use it where I can and use a third party authenticator. This seems especially important for unit leaders who have access to a great deal of private information via their login.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Two Factor Authentication

Postby russellhltn » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:12 pm

They already do in certain citations. A code is sent to your mobile number.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:17 am

If you go to LDSAccount.LDS.org, on the left you will see an option "Two-Step Verification." You can choose to receive a verification code by text, or through an authenticator app (Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, or Authy).
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby scgallafent » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:43 am

sbradshaw wrote:If you go to LDSAccount.LDS.org, on the left you will see an option "Two-Step Verification." You can choose to receive a verification code by text, or through an authenticator app (Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, or Authy).

This is not available for all accounts.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:56 am

sbradshaw wrote:If you go to LDSAccount.LDS.org, on the left you will see an option "Two-Step Verification." You can choose to receive a verification code by text, or through an authenticator app (Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, or Authy).

I saw that at one time, but when I went back to respond to this thread, it was gone.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

bpanike

Postby bpanike » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:25 pm

Thanks, I did not know that was there, I will enable it. I did check, the option was there on my account, it may have to do with your calling.

Return to “LDS Account”