denied access

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
tk75giles@gmail.com

denied access

Postby tk75giles@gmail.com » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:20 pm

I'm trying to access the area where I go to enter in home teaching number but I'm getting "access denied". I can log in but only for general info. when I enter in my member ship number it tells me it's already in use. I only have the one account that I'm aware of. Does the church have any tech support that can help???

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: denied access

Postby russellhltn » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:32 pm

Your membership number must be on your account for it to work. If it's not allowing you to enter it, then it's either incorrect or it's in use by a forgotten account. Use the forgotten username link, with the MRN/Birthday option to locate it.

Since it sounds like you have an issue with your account, I'm moving this to a more appropriate section.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Biggles

Postby Biggles » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:15 pm

tk75giles@gmail.com wrote:I'm trying to access the area where I go to enter in home teaching number but I'm getting "access denied". I can log in but only for general info. when I enter in my member ship number it tells me it's already in use. I only have the one account that I'm aware of. Does the church have any tech support that can help???

Without further information, is this a case of a member attempting to enter their own home teaching visits, without the appropriate calling, or something else?

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:43 am

It's likely that you do have another account set up from a while ago that's tied to your membership record number. It could have been created through FamilySearch or another Church site. You can see if it exists by going to http://ldsaccount.lds.org/recovery and choosing the "Membership Record Number (MRN)" recovery option.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “LDS Account”