Cannot recover LDS account

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
andyhaymond

Cannot recover LDS account

Postby andyhaymond » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:54 pm

I am asking for help for a fellow high councilor that is learning about technology. He setup an LDS account years ago with his wife's email account which is not live anymore. When attempting to change a password, the email is sent to an inactive email account. He did not have a cell number when he setup the account so has no way to change the password.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Cannot recover LDS account

Postby jdlessley » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:42 pm

A valid email address is not required to recover any aspect of an LDS Account. Follow the instructions provide here. Once the account is recovered then the contact information can be changed in the account.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:21 am

Clerks can change the email addresses associated with your membership record. I don't know (but I assume) that when a clerk changes your membership record email address, your LDS Account recovery email address is also updated. Maybe someone can verify that.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:57 pm

sbradshaw wrote:I don't know (but I assume) that when a clerk changes your membership record email address, your LDS Account recovery email address is also updated. Maybe someone can verify that.

If the member email address is changed through the Directory or through LCR a change of email address notice is sent as well as an email verification message.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

Return to “LDS Account”