MRN Problems

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
s_fika

MRN Problems

Post by s_fika »

Hi everyone,
I am having trouble with adding my MRN to my account setting on the LDS website. Every time I go into account settings and try to add my membership record number it says "Either the MRN and/or Birth Date is not valid or the account already exists. What do I do to fix this so that I can start doing some family history. Thanks in advance!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: MRN Problems

Post by sbradshaw »

Hi, most likely you have another LDS Account that's already been set up with your membership record number.
From the LDS Account login page, go to "Forgot my username" then use the membership record number recovery option and see if it pulls anything up.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
s_fika

Post by s_fika »

It showed that I had another account from before I got married and I think since I changed my username, I may have somehow created a new account. My problem now is that I can't find my old password to either cancel that account or merge it into my new account. What do I do now?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

s_fika wrote:My problem now is that I can't find my old password to either cancel that account or merge it into my new account.
Even if you have the password, you can't do either of those things.

Now that you know the username, use the "forgot password" link and the MRN option to reset the password. Once you can get into the account, you can change the login name.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”