Won't let me pay my tithing on line

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
amytarr

Won't let me pay my tithing on line

Postby amytarr » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:14 pm

My account won't let me pay my tithing it says it's only available in the United States and my account says I'm in the United States ?

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Won't let me pay my tithing on line

Postby jdlessley » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:55 pm

The member must have their address of record in the United States and the bank from which the funds will be drawn must be a U. S. bank. Are you saying that both your address is in the U.S. as well as the bank is a U.S. bank? If so, what is the message you get when you try to make a donation?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:13 pm

jdlessley wrote:The member must have their address of record in the United States and the bank from which the funds will be drawn must be a U. S. bank.

There are some exceptions, such as for servicemen stationed overseas who still use U.S. banking accounts. But those have to be set up on an individual basis by headquarters.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:40 pm

However, I'd expect all residents of the US to be able to get into the donation system. It will only accept US banks, but you have to be in to before you hit that roadblock.

I'm not sure if the system looks at the members address, or if it looks at what ward they belong to. Or both.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:55 pm

russellhltn wrote:I'm not sure if the system looks at the members address, or if it looks at what ward they belong to. Or both.

It looks at what stake they belong to. The system may also have been tweaked by now to include wards in stakes that extend outside the U.S., but where the ward itself is totally within the U.S.

Return to “LDS Account”