Can't sign in

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
CAnthonyVidal

Can't sign in

Post by CAnthonyVidal »

I am having a hard time signing in to my lds.org account. I have been a user for years and use the site several times a week. But, all of the sudden I can't sign in in any way, shape or form. I can't sign in on my phone, my laptop, my desktop, my ipad, anything. I have reset my password several times, cleared my history, used a different browser, cleared cache and cookies. I still can not sign in. I can sign in to affiliated sites such as family search just fine. My husband can sign in just fine. Am I somehow locked out? I need some help. Thank you. (I am using my husband's account to post this.)
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Can't sign in

Post by sbradshaw »

Sometimes when you change your password it takes some time for the change to make its way to all of the Church's sites/apps. LDSAccount.LDS.org is the first place I'd check – if you can log in there, then you should be able to log in other places after waiting a bit.

If not, you could try using the recovery options to recover your username, and your password – it's possible that the username or something got changed accidentally to something unintended.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In addition to what sbradshaw has said, what are you trying to sign into? Certain functions that involve ward information (directory, calendar, newsletter, donations, etc. ) will stop working if your membership is no longer in a ward. You may need to talk to your ward membership clerk to make sure your records are still in your ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CAnthonyVidal

Post by CAnthonyVidal »

Thank you. The issue has lasted a few days. I have used the recovery method to make sure everything is being entered correctly. I am still in the ward, and the building scheduler so I have to use my ID to do my job. I tried to do it under my husband's and can't. I am just trying to sign in in general on lds.org. It is so weird. I have been a user since before I can remember and have never had an issue. Same ward, etc. I have talked with the clerk and he doesn't know what to do and said he'll contact church headquarters for me, but that seems a little much.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

CAnthonyVidal wrote:I have talked with the clerk and he doesn't know what to do and said he'll contact church headquarters for me, but that seems a little much.
That's the best course of action at this point.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lauramowen

Post by lauramowen »

Did your problem ever get resolved? If so, how? I'm having the exact same issue. Had to log into my wife's account just to post this message. I've been signing in regularly for years and then I went in to pay tithing a few weeks ago and couldn't get in. I've done everything suggested in this string of comments and I still can't get in.
bevans5

Post by bevans5 »

I can't sign in either. I could sign in this AM. I could sign in one hour ago. But 30 minutes ago, when I attempted to login, suddenly the system doesn't know me. I changed my password, verified it, and STILL cannot log in. This happened to me last month. The whole stupid situation lasted about 2 hours and then, suddenly, everything was fine again, and I could login in using my former password.

My wife, whose login I'm using to post right now, can log in perfectly well. Clearly.

Clearly, based on the posts above and my experiences, there is some obscure problem with certain users on LDS.org. My user name is XXXXXXX.

Please help.
Last edited by jdlessley on Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed account credential
conniestauffer

Post by conniestauffer »

This is the second time I've experienced this same problem. I'm panicking because I need to text a "list" before Sunday and can't get past the login page. When I input my user name and password, it says "This may take a few minutes", and then that page disappears and nothing happens. I've tried turning the iPhone off and on. Short of that, I really don't know what to do. The first time it happened, my husband recycled the phone and it was miraculously fixed. I suspect it has something to do with updating the phone, as I did so a couple of days ago.

My real question is this: How do you contact someone who can help. It's nice knowing I'm not the only one suffering with this problem, but it needs to be fixed. How?

While we're asking, why can't I create a list on the MAC? Then the phone wouldn't be such a big deal.
krissell

Post by krissell »

My husband is having the same problem. Anyone get this resolved?
dongreen

Post by dongreen »

My wife has had this problem since the beginning of her account. We just changed her password again using the MRN (which it allowed us to do) but still cannot login.
Who do we need to contact to resolve this issue?

Return to “Church Account”