passwords

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
elevenfosters

passwords

Postby elevenfosters » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:15 pm

I can sign into the church website without any difficulty, but when I try to sign into Family Search, I am told that my username and password are wrong. Why would they work for one site and not the other? I answer the questions and am told that they are incorrect, so I can't even reset the password. Any ideas?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: passwords

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:39 pm

Did you just recently change your password? I've noticed that new passwords may not work for 10 minutes or so.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

travislee1

Postby travislee1 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:53 am

why can i log into the lds tech forum but my password does not work in Lds.org and family search????

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:03 am

The login for this forum and lds.org main page is the same. By that, I mean the login screen/url is exactly the same.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “LDS Account”