Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
johnhochhalter

Post by johnhochhalter »

How do I set up my lds.org account so that I do not have to enter my user and password everytime - that is a pain in the neck to have to do.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: log in

Post by aebrown »

johnhochhalter wrote:How do I set up my lds.org account so that I do not have to enter my user and password everytime - that is a pain in the neck to have to do.
There is nothing you can do to your LDS Account to get around the requirement to enter your username and password for every new session. That is not an option provided by LDS Account.

Most browsers provide an option for saving the username and password for a particular webpage, and so you could probably do that via your browser. But if you do this, be aware of the security risks. Any person that gets physical access to your device where your browser has stored the password will then have the ability to sign in using your LDS Account. That means they will have access to your donation history, be able to see contact information for most everyone in your ward, and if you have a calling that gives you access to even more sites (such as Leader and Clerk Resources), do all sorts of mischief in your name. So make sure that you have additional security on your device if you choose that option.

Return to “Church Account”