Account Update email address issues

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
dxsmith

Account Update email address issues

Post by dxsmith »

I have recently been called as Bishop. I changed my account details with a new email address. Most of the times I receive emails from members from this email. However, when the church sends notifications, they are sent to the old email address that I removed from my account. This also creates issues when I request sensitive documents. I'm unable to open because the email address has changed. Is there a phone number to call. A help desk to someone I can speak to so I can confirm that my details are all correct.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Account Update email address issues

Post by russellhltn »

Odds are the email is being pulled from CDOL. Changing it isn't obvious.
  • Go to cdol.lds.org
  • Location yourself in the directory
  • Pull up the detail page (a page only about you)
  • In the upper left is a "edit assignment" button
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dxsmith

Post by dxsmith »

This worked. Thank you.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

This can also be edited directly from Leader and Clerk Resources by editing the bishop's calling. Although recording a change of bishop must be done by the stake, contact information for the bishop can be edited by a member of the bishopric.
nwtaylor

Post by nwtaylor »

Hi

Sorry I'm jumping in on an old thread here...
I am wanting to update the email address that is used for communications from the church, such as donations, notices to leaders, stuff from familysearch, etc. The email address being used is not the same email address that I have showing on lds.org, cdol, tools, etc. I simply cannot find where it is, so I cannot "update" it - at least not from where I sit.

The emails sent out to the ward from the bishop go to my real, preferred email address. So, it appears that there are multiple sources being used for communications.

Here is the OLD address that is currently getting the communications I mentioned: nwtaylor@juno.com
Here is the email that I would prefer AND which is displayed everywhere I can see.

Thanks for any help in getting this updated. By the way, please don't skimp on technical detail when you let me know what the root issue is/was.

Neil Taylor
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Have you looked in your Account Settings?
https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/email
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
nwtaylor

Post by nwtaylor »

drepouille wrote:Have you looked in your Account Settings?
https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/email
Thanks!!!

That was the trick!

I find it interesting that the email address it had there is found nowhere else - tools, etc.
It also showed our old home phone # for my "mobile" phone #
Both are now fixed - at least in THAT particular data source.
I'm a data guy, so single source of truth is paramount.

Thanks again!
Neil

Return to “Church Account”