Warning Email - then no access to LDS.org Account Page

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
ShellieAnn

Re: Warning Email - then no access to LDS.org Account Page

Post by ShellieAnn »

I'm also receiving an email that tells me that someone has removed my email address and I need to log on and change my password but everything seems fine. When I do what the letter suggests I can't bring up the pages I need. I tried to get there and I can't. What should I do now?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

ShellieAnn wrote:I'm also receiving an email that tells me that someone has removed my email address and I need to log on and change my password but everything seems fine. When I do what the letter suggests I can't bring up the pages I need. I tried to get there and I can't. What should I do now?
You don't need to do anything. The email was caused by testing by church developers and wasn't supposed to be actually sent. You can just ignore it.
chanaoleary

Post by chanaoleary »

It has now been 12 days with no word from LDS Technical Support - although they said it would 3-5 days before they might answer. I still can't access my Account Settings page and STILL get just the spinning dial.

Has anyone with this problem (since that bad batch of emails was sent out on the 12th of June) been able to get this resolved?

Thanks -
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you tried a different computer/browser/network? Given the very limited number of complaints, I have to think it's either with your account or something on your end.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chanaoleary

Post by chanaoleary »

Sorry - not my end. Multiple different browsers, with add-ons enabled and disabled, caches cleared, history cleared, forms cleared. Tried with at least 3 different networks, including wired and wifi. I'm thinking at this point, that something in the account profile has become corrupt. Next step will be to delete the account and then try again. Apparently, the emails were initially sent to a few people, but there were several complaints here.

Still doesn't explain no follow-up from Church Technical Support however, after registering the situation and being told additional information would be coming in 3-5 days.

Thanks -
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

chanaoleary wrote:Multiple different browsers, . . .
Tried with at least 3 different networks, . . .
. . . no follow-up from Church Technical Support . . .
You may wish to send another followup request through the Feedback link, or ask your clerk to help you contact the Global Service Center.

And make sure private browsing is turned off.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Make sure you are going to ldsaccount.LDS.org. The email contained a link that will not work for you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”