Warning Email - then no access to LDS.org Account Page

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Warning Email - then no access to LDS.org Account Page

Post by scgallafent »

If you attempt to log in using the link in the email, you will not be able to connect. That link points to an internal test server and is not accessible from the public Internet.
chanaoleary

Post by chanaoleary »

Yes, we realize that now - it really does NOT link to the Support page. I have tried multiple avenues to reach the Account Settings page with no success, using a variety of browsers, flushing the cache, deleting browser histories, directly linking to ldsaccount.lds.org...I can log in with no problem. The problem is I can't reach the Account Settings page AFTER log in.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I talked with the product manager to verify what happened. There was some testing going on last week to prepare for a product update. In the process, some emails generated by the test system were sent as live emails instead of being captured in the test system. You may safely ignore the emails.
thinwinters

Post by thinwinters »

That sounds great except for one thing......................I cannot access my account information................I still get the ever swirling "trying to connect" icon!
chanaoleary

Post by chanaoleary »

Exactly, I am having the same problem as thinwinters ! We can ignore the emails...but we STILL can't access our accounts! It's been four days since this was first reported now.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

If you are using the link in the email, that link does not work.

Try going to https://ldsaccount.lds.org/ and logging in. If you are not able to log in, follow the password reset instructions. If you are able to log in but can't see your account information, click on the Help link at the top right. From there, click the link under "Have a Different Question or Problem?" If you can't solve your problem using that information, click the "I didn't find an answer to my question" link at the bottom of the page and then work your way through until you see "Additional Support Options."
chanaoleary

Post by chanaoleary »

I have done that already.....why are people just telling me the same thing over and over again??? This was done YESTERDAY. Still waiting for a response.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

chanaoleary wrote:I have done that already.....why are people just telling me the same thing over and over again??? This was done YESTERDAY. Still waiting for a response.
When you listed the things you tried you didn't mention anything about contacting support so I'm sure scgellafent wanted to make sure you did that. The forums here are only unofficial user-to-user support and we can't make any changes or fixes. If there is a problem with your account it has to be handled by LDS Account support.

I don't know what their normal turnaround time is. A couple years ago I know they were very prompt but I think they've been kind of overwhelmed after online donations went live and many more people are concerned about having their LDS Accounts linked correctly to their records.

Your other option is to get with your ward clerk and ask him to contact the Global Service Center on your behalf.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

chanaoleary wrote:I have done that already.....why are people just telling me the same thing over and over again??? This was done YESTERDAY. Still waiting for a response.
Despite the link in the LDS Account web page, there is no one here who can get into your account or see what is wrong with it. So, we're stuck telling you things to make sure you've gone though the process.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”