How to not show entire birthdate on ward directory

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
ahrens1

How to not show entire birthdate on ward directory

Post by ahrens1 »

I was surprised to see my husband's and my entire birthdates on the ward directory. I have been trying to delete them - at least the year - and can't do it in the current edit format. Any suggestions as to what would work?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to not show entire birthdate on ward directory

Post by russellhltn »

Short of having your name removed from the records of the church - you can't. However, it's only shown to ward leaders based on their calling, so it's not like the whole ward can see it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Re: How to not show entire birthdate on ward directory

Post by eblood66 »

What ward directory are you referring to? The Directory on lds.org doesn't show birth dates. If you mean the directory in the LDS Tools application for smartphones then those birth dates are only shown for yourself and for leadership who have specific need for it. Other members of your ward can't see them.

There is no way to remove those dates because they are part of your membership information but rest assured that they are considered sensitive information and are only visible to those who need to know them.

Return to “Church Account”