Recovery Option is not Available for this Account

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
ancheta82ohmz

Recovery Option is not Available for this Account

Postby ancheta82ohmz » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:36 am

Hi,

Can anyone help me on this problem:

One of the members in our stake, has a problem logging in because he forgot his username and password. he told me that his LDS account was created many years ago and he can't remember any about it. so i tried using the "username recovery option" however, upon trying all three options one at a time (mobile, email, and MRN) the system would tell that "This recovery option is not available for this account." this is the same to all three username recovery options.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Recovery Option is not Available for this Account

Postby russellhltn » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:46 am

Depending on how many years ago, it might not have been a LDS Account. The first accounts were not LDS Accounts and were phased out in favor of a single account for multiple systems

I'd suggest trying to create an account with his MRN.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

sbradshaw

Re: Recovery Option is not Available for this Account

Postby sbradshaw » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:39 pm

Does he work for the Church or have a leadership calling? It's possible that those accounts have less recovery options to make it more difficult for hackers.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “LDS Account”