Login Issues

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
animestar282

Login Issues

Post by animestar282 »

So, my dad is trying to login to LDS Tools and Family Search, using his membership number, but it's saying he has his membership record number or birthdate is wrong, but it's not. We've tried to do the recovery also but none of those options are working either. He hasn't used his LDS account in years either, so we don't even know how to guess his username or password. Can anybody help so we can set up an account using his Membership record number?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Login Issues

Post by russellhltn »

animestar282 wrote:So, my dad is trying to login to LDS Tools and Family Search, using his membership number, but it's saying he has his membership record number or birthdate is wrong, but it's not. We've tried to do the recovery also but none of those options are working either.
Ok, I'm a little puzzled about login in "using his membership number". There's no way to do that that I know of. It's always username/password. You'd have to use the lost username option, along with the MRN and birthdate to find out what the username was.

And where are you looking to find his MRN? If it's from his temple recommend, it could be wrong.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
animestar282

Post by animestar282 »

Thanks for the reply :) My dad is Less active and has been for about 20ish years, so he got his record number from the ward clerk. Sorry my first question was confusing, so we didn't think he already had an account (and i'm still pretty sure he doesn't) so we tried making one (with his MRN, like it asks you to) but that didn't work. We double and triple checked everything, and his MRN and birth date is right. So I guess i'm wondering how we can create an account for him now?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What is the error message?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
animestar282

Post by animestar282 »

It says he either has the MRN or birth date wrong (he double checked and he doesn't). And when he tried making a completely new account it said there was already an account under that record number, so we tried to "recover it through a phone number and e-mail, but it wouldn't let us do that either :/
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

animestar282 wrote:It says he either has the MRN or birth date wrong (he double checked and he doesn't).
You'll need to check the information against what the ward clerk had for him. What you entered may not be wrong, but it has to match what's on his record.

animestar282

Post by animestar282 »

Ok, we will do that. :) Thank you for helping us out!
miahx4

Post by miahx4 »

I'm having the same issue but we're trying to get my sons account up and going. I think he set it up as a deacon, so who knows what email and password he used. Should we be able to request his username with just his MRN and birthdate? We are having the same trouble of it saying there is already an account under that MRN/birthdate and then when we try to recover it tells us that is an incorrect MRN or birthdate.
bjhenik1

Post by bjhenik1 »

Currently, I am trying to access the familysearch,org account and it's not letting me do anything. Microsoft Edge gave me an error 404 message-like thing. I downloaded Google Chrome and when I click the Family History tab on the LDS.org website nothing happens. Can some please help????

Return to “Church Account”