contacting the first presidency

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).

contacting the first presidency

Postby Desmotti » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:38 pm

Can I email things to share with First Presidency? Why is it so hard to reach them? I am a High Priest. My questions or things that I share are for their eyes only.
Sincerely Spencer Monte Thompson

Community Administrator

Re: contacting the first presidency

Postby russellhltn » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:07 pm

Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "" to the search criteria.

Re: contacting the first presidency

Postby sbradshaw » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:16 pm

I think the First Presidency would love to meet with members and communicate with them one-on-one, but the reality is that with so many members, they would be flooded if they allowed members to contact them directly. They would not have time to perform their most important responsibilities.

The Church of Jesus Christ is set up with a priesthood line such that each person is connected to the president of the Church. The line goes through the bishop, stake president, and seventies, who receive keys and delegated responsibility from the First Presidency for their areas. If there is a concern that needs to reach the First Presidency, the established method is to send it via the priesthood line.

The same process was established by the Lord in Moses' day:

"And Moses said unto the Lord, Wherefore hast thou afflicted thy servant? and wherefore have I not found favour in thy sight, that thou layest the burden of all this people upon me? ... I am not able to bear all this people alone, because it is too heavy for me. ...

"And the Lord said unto Moses, Gather unto me seventy men of the elders of Israel, whom thou knowest to be the elders of the people, and officers over them; and bring them unto the tabernacle of the congregation, that they may stand there with thee.

"And I will come down and talk with thee there: and I will take of the spirit which is upon thee, and will put it upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with thee, that thou bear it not thyself alone."

(Numbers 11:11–17)

Moses had less than 2 million people. The Church today has 15.5 million.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “LDS Account”