Name change

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
anneliraud

Name change

Post by anneliraud »

Hi,

I changed my name about 18 months ago but i have been unable to change the LDS.org and Family Search names. How do I proceed?
Many thanks,

Anneli Riismaa
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Name change

Post by sbradshaw »

Hi, the name you see for yourself on LDS.org and on FamilySearch comes from your membership record. Your ward clerk will need to change that. If it's a legal name change, the clerk can edit the full name on your membership record to match your new legal name. If it's just a change in preferred name, your clerk can edit the preferred name field.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Name change

Post by russellhltn »

If you're wanting to change your login name, I think you can do that by going to ldsaccount.lds.org, and changing the "username".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”