Indexing sign in

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Walk2Zion

Indexing sign in

Postby Walk2Zion » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:34 pm

Hi, I keep trying to log in to index, but it says my user name and password are incorrect. I can get in to Family Search and LDS.org with any problems. What is my problem in indexing - any ideas??

Thank you,
Cheryl

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Indexing sign in

Postby russellhltn » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:10 pm

Are there any odd characters in your password? The app might not be handling it properly.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Walk2Zion

Postby Walk2Zion » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:30 pm

No, there are not any odd characteristics. It is very frustrating since I can get into Family Search. I need to learn as much as I can about indexing for an upcoming conference that we are having in our Stake. I am supposed to help people that come to index. Is there anything that I need to do. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:46 pm

Where are you going to log in? If it's an app, it might be out of date or having a problem. If it's a page, it might be an old page or not agreeing with something in your browser.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:59 pm

Walk2Zion wrote:Hi, I keep trying to log in to index, but it says my user name and password are incorrect. I can get in to Family Search and LDS.org with any problems. What is my problem in indexing - any ideas??

FamilySearch Indexing is still a separate program on your computer. If you have forgotten your login and password, or if the Indexing program does not accept your LDS Account, you would probably best contact the help desk at FamilySearch.

If you changed your LDS Account password recently, it may take some time to roll through to the Indexing program, or there may have been a problem behind the scenes and they did not synchronize.

Return to “LDS Account”