Trouble signing in, PLEASE HELP!!!

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
mreyes0328

Re: Trouble signing in, PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by mreyes0328 »

No puedo entrar a mi cuenta, me pide actualización y lo hago y no me deja entrar y me pide mi numero de miembro y lo pongo y dice que esta mal y mi fecha de nacimiento y yo lo pongo bien, por favor ayúdenme porque necesito ver el calendario de la estaca?
smokeybaum

Post by smokeybaum »

Apparently my husband and I have the same user name, and the system will not let him sign in to his lds account
pullenb

Post by pullenb »

For several days I have not been able to sign in to get temple names. It tells me to try again later.
kaseykunz

Post by kaseykunz »

I am having the same problem. I’ve tried everything. Nothing works.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

pullenb wrote:For several days I have not been able to sign in to get temple names. It tells me to try again later.
Where are you logging in? LCR is affected, but not FamilySearch.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
MurphySh

Post by MurphySh »

I singed up for the prayer circle in the Ogden Temple and as soon as I signed up it gives my access denied. Help me get this fixed. My email is [Removed]. thank you or call me at [Removed].
Last edited by russellhltn on Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public form
TIM@LDS

Post by TIM@LDS »

My wife's account has a old email. So can't verify code. Email account we can't get into. How can we verify account?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The note in the Church account for email address states; "Your email address is used for recovering your account if needed and system notifications. It is also shared with your membership record." If that is still true, then having your unit clerk update her membership record email address should sync this update with her Church account email address. How long it will take is dependent on when the sync occurs. It could be the evening sync that occurs in the afternoon on business days. I just did a test with my own membership record about 40 minutes ago, late on Friday night, and the change is showing on the Ward Directory and Map and Member Tools but not yet on my Church Account. I suspect that change won't happen until Monday afternoon.

If updating the email address in her membership record does not work, then she can contact the Global Services Department (GSD). They can update her Church account email address directly. You can find the phone number in the Wiki article Global Services Department. The GSD is only open during the weekdays from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM Mountain time.

Edit: I just realized that you, an adult member of the household, can change her email address in the online Ward Directory and Map or in Member Tools. The update in either of these will update her membership record email address. The same sync will have to occur between her membership record and her Church account, which may not happen until Monday afternoon.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jdlessley wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:27 pm The note in the Church account for email address states; "Your email address is used for recovering your account if needed and system notifications. It is also shared with your membership record." If that is still true ...
Well, it is late Monday night and the email address I changed in my membership record did NOT change my email address in my Church account. So the note in the Church account is not correct. So the ward clerk has no ability to help change the email address in the Church account. The only help will have to come from the GSD.

An aside about my testing. If the email address is changed in the Church account that change does change the email address in the membership record as well as the online Ward Directory and Map and in Member Tools. And as stated, the reverse is not true. A change in the membership record or in the online Directory and Map or in Member Tools does not change the email address in the Church account.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jdlessley wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:55 pm
jdlessley wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:27 pm The note in the Church account for email address states; "Your email address is used for recovering your account if needed and system notifications. It is also shared with your membership record." If that is still true ...
Well, it is late Monday night and the email address I changed in my membership record did NOT change my email address in my Church account. So the note in the Church account is not correct. So the ward clerk has no ability to help change the email address in the Church account. The only help will have to come from the GSD.

An aside about my testing. If the email address is changed in the Church account that change does change the email address in the membership record as well as the online Ward Directory and Map and in Member Tools. And as stated, the reverse is not true. A change in the membership record or in the online Directory and Map or in Member Tools does not change the email address in the Church account.
You are correct.
There have been some changes in the process (and will be more this year). A lot of it has been driven by the efforts to clean up the email processes to help us get off of email providers black lists so that tools like Send a Message can work well again.

Return to “Church Account”