linking accounts

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
trycen1

linking accounts

Post by trycen1 »

can anyone tell me how or if i can link my account to my spouse so that our tithes can be donated as a couple?
eblood66

Re: linking accounts

Post by eblood66 »

No, donations are linked to only one account. However, you can change a setting so that your spouse can see your donations and vice versa.

More details can be found in questions 7 and 8 in the online donations FAQ.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

More exactly, a donation can only be connected with only one member. There is no way to designate a donation to be "as a couple". But there are ways to see the other's donation and to have both names listed on a printout.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
snowfamily4

Post by snowfamily4 »

Is there a way to add your spouses record number to an existing account.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

snowfamily4 wrote:Is there a way to add your spouses record number to an existing account.
If your spouse already has an LDS Account and her MRN is not attached, then she can add it by going to https://ldsaccount.lds.org, clicking on the Membership tab and entering the number there.

If you mean, can you add her number to your account as a second MRN, then no. Each LDS Account can only be associated with one MRN.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

snowfamily4 wrote:Is there a way to add your spouses record number to an existing account.
No. But your spouse can give you permissions to see their donations. In order for this to work, you both must have an LDS Account that has a MRN recorded. And the church must show the two of you married to each other.

The actual setting can be found in lds.org\donations, under settings. However, on printed reports, they will appear on a separate page rather than merged.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”