Online Donation Trouble

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
jeremy_eastman

Online Donation Trouble

Post by jeremy_eastman »

I am trying to look up my donations for taxes. I have added and verified my email address and My Member # is linked. When I click on the donations tab I get a message that says "the unit you belong to does not support online donations. Please select the country that you want your donations to go to." It gives me the option to select USA so I select that option and hit continue and then it refreshes but the same thing comes back up saying that "The unit you belong to does not support online donations….." and it just keeps doing the same thing. I know our area accepts online donations because my wife and other ward members have donated that way. How do I get this to work?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Online Donation Trouble

Post by aebrown »

jeremy_eastman wrote:When I click on the donations tab I get a message that says "the unit you belong to does not support online donations. Please select the country that you want your donations to go to."
How do I get this to work?
The error message is quite misleading, but it's probably a problem with the email address associated with the LDS Account. Check to make sure that you have entered an email address for your LDS Account at https://ldsaccount.lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

To be clear, you need a email address in the first slot.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:To be clear, you need a email address in the first slot.
I'm not sure what that clarifies; under Contact Settings I only see one email address. In the past, there were multiple email addresses for an LDS Account, but as far as I can tell, there is only one email address for the LDS Account now.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:I'm not sure what that clarifies; under Contact Settings I only see one email address.
Ah so. There used to be two with a note that said any change would go to both. But now I only see one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Simonga25

Post by Simonga25 »

I'm having the same problem! What do I do. I want to pay my tithing so I'm not a sinner!
mrunquist

Post by mrunquist »

I am having the exact same problem. My husband is in the same ward obviously, and he had no trouble accessing the donations section. Please advise.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Simonga25 wrote:I'm having the same problem! What do I do.
mrunquist wrote:I am having the exact same problem. My husband is in the same ward obviously, and he had no trouble accessing the donations section. Please advise.
The advice is to make sure that you have a valid email address associated with your LDS Account by going to https://ldsaccount.lds.org and entering your email address in the Contact Settings section. Have you done that?
chinozzz

Post by chinozzz »

Same Problem...
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

chinozzz wrote:Same Problem...
Before or after you followed the suggestion in the previous post?

Return to “Church Account”