ipad locked to LDS account

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
arnica5

ipad locked to LDS account

Postby arnica5 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:23 am

hello there!

I recently bought an ipad mini and its locked to LDS Church.
Can anyone direct me to the right people that administrate the configuration that will help me unlock this?
Im based in Dublin Ireland.

Thanks for reading!
Niona

chaleneanderson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: ipad locked to LDS account

Postby chaleneanderson » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:00 pm

What is the serial number please. I will check.

mwjohnson

Postby mwjohnson » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:48 am

A member in my ward had his son return from his mission and they bought the iPad through the ward, but it still needs to be unlocked. Is there a reference guide or instructions on how to pay that fee and who to pay it to? I'm not sure what the process is for missionaries that return with an iPad and processing payment through MLS. I am the Ward Clerk, so I'm trying to figure out how to facilitate this with this missionary and for future missionaries that come home.

dwilasnd

Postby dwilasnd » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:23 pm

I am also interested...

nancyroseb

Postby nancyroseb » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:51 am

I returned from my mission a month ago and my iPad also still needs to be unlocked. How do i contact someone to fix this?

bayless

Postby bayless » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:11 am

A returned missionary and I went through all the phone calls and steps recommended by various departments in headquarters. The solution ended up with taking it to the Apple Store where they reset the operating system. He didn't loose any documents or photos. This is the only thing that worked.

clbates

Postby clbates » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:40 pm

Our son returned from his mission but misplaced the instructions he was provided to "unlock" it. A reset does not work. We need a phone number or something to resolve this issue.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:51 pm

clbates wrote:Our son returned from his mission but misplaced the instructions he was provided to "unlock" it. A reset does not work. We need a phone number or something to resolve this issue.

Ask your ward clerk to help you contact the Global Service Center.

TimRiker
Community Administrator

Postby TimRiker » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:56 am

Does anyone have more information on who to contact? I've gotten a few of these requests. I've been sending them to the Global Service Center. I don't know if anyone has gotten their iPad unlocked by contacting them. Any reports of success?

http://tech.lds.org/wiki/Global_Service_Center

Return to “LDS Account”