LDS Tools

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
FarnsworthBK

LDS Tools

Post by FarnsworthBK »

My wife is not able to access LDS Tools, yet she used to be able to. When I try to go in and update her information, it says she is not a member. When I try to enter he record number and birthdate, it always comes up saying that account is already set up, but won't save the data which would indicate that she is a member.

Thoughts?

Blaine Farnsworth
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Tools

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I moved your post from the Help Center (RKATS) forum to the LDS Account forum, since it's clear that the problem is with your wife's LDS Account.]
FarnsworthBK wrote:My wife is not able to access LDS Tools, yet she used to be able to. When I try to go in and update her information, it says she is not a member. When I try to enter he record number and birthdate, it always comes up saying that account is already set up, but won't save the data which would indicate that she is a member.
When you say "LDS Tools," are you talking about the mobile application? If so, I would strongly recommend that you work out the issues using a regular browser until you can successfully access member-related information in the browser. Then you can go back to the LDS Tools mobile app and everything should work fine.

It's not clear to me where you are trying to "update her information." The place you should be doing this is at https://ldsaccount.lds.org (see this post for some details on how LDS Account works). That's where you can make sure her MRN (membership record number) is correctly attached to her LDS Account.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

FarnsworthBK wrote:My wife is not able to access LDS Tools, yet she used to be able to.
My guess is that she probably has two accounts - one that has her membership number and the other she may have set up for another church site not realizing she didn't need to. And now she's trying to refresh her information via the wrong account.

Another possibility is that her record got moved out of the ward somehow. You might want to log into the directory and verify she's still there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

Hi Blaine,

It sounds like your wife has two accounts. The way that she can locate the account with her membership record number is to go to https://ldsaccount.lds.org/signIn and click on forgot username. She should be able to use her MRN and birthdate to recover that information.

A less likely situation is that she does only have one account, and the reason she can't add her MRN is because her birthdate is different on her MRN than what you are entering. This information can be verified by your ward clerk.

Return to “Church Account”