LDS Account Password Policies

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
angelvina

Re: LDS Account Password Policies

Post by angelvina »

Hi! i would like to help my friend, he wasn't able to recover his lds acccount coz he forget his password. Then we try to recover it, but he forgot the answer to the recovery questions, so we need help or suggestion of other ways to recover his account...Thank you!

Lds Account:
ronnellimocon
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Recover password through the "MRN and Birth Date" method. There are also other methods listed when at the recover password page such as by text message (SMS) or by e-mail.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
patasaurus

Post by patasaurus »

My mom has a member account, not an employee account and was told she needed to change her password. She changed it and now cannot access her account and does not know who to contact. What does she need to do to gain access to her account again?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

patasaurus wrote:My mom has a member account, not an employee account and was told she needed to change her password. She changed it and now cannot access her account and does not know who to contact. What does she need to do to gain access to her account again?
Some who are not employees are also required to change passwords. Most common are Church-service Seminary and Institute teachers (normally called by the stake).

Your mom may be able to use the Recover password option to gain access to her account. Otherwise, she should work with her ward clerk to contact the Global Service Center for assistance. They also will be able to tell her what is triggering the password change requirement. She will then need to contact that area to get her status changed.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:
patasaurus wrote:My mom has a member account, not an employee account and was told she needed to change her password. She changed it and now cannot access her account and does not know who to contact. What does she need to do to gain access to her account again?
Some who are not employees are also required to change passwords. Most common are Church-service Seminary and Institute teachers (normally called by the stake).
The way to find out if you are in this category is to go to ldsaccount.lds.org. If you see a "Workforce" tab, then you are in the category that has to change passwords periodically. Besides actual Church employees, there are a wide variety of people who might fall into this category: some missionary callings, such as certain family history missionaries; a variety of Church-service missionary callings; some callings such as general authority, area authority seventies, etc.
patasaurus

Post by patasaurus »

Thank you!
buzzybnz

Post by buzzybnz »

Hi, I'm an Online Seminary Teacher and have been prompted to change my password. When I try to change my password a window opens up that says "Old password, New Password, Confirm New Password." When I do this it tells me that I am putting the wrong password in the old password space. The emails reminding me say it will lock me out if I don't change it in time and I don't want that to happen. What do I do?
amauryduke

Post by amauryduke »

HOLA SOY SEGUNDO CONSEJERO DEL OBISPADO DE GUTIERREZ ZAMORA (NO. UNIDAD 109428) Y TENEMOS UN PROBLEMA CON SU LDS ACCOUNT DEL HERMANO CIRILO BASTIAN GARCIA (NO. DE CEDULA ......)NO SE NOS PERMITE USAR NINGUNA DE LAS OPCIONES DE RECUPERACION DE USUARIO Y CONTRASEÑA .LA PAGINA NOS PIDE QUE NOS CONTACTEMOS CON USTEDES PARA RESTABLECER SU USUARIO Y CONTRASEÑA QUEDAMOS EN ESPERA PARA DARLE SOLUCION Y LE DEJO EL CORREO ELECTRONICO DEL HNO CIRILO BASTIAN PARA QUE NOS ENVIEN LA INFORMACION A ESE CORREO (cirilobastian2016@gmail.com) o de lo contrario mi correo electronico es amaury_837@yahoo.com.mx
Last edited by russellhltn on Sun May 22, 2016 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed what looks like a MRN
gchantry

Post by gchantry »

I have a friend who has forgotten his password and no longer has the email account which he used to set up his lds account. How can we get his password changed so he can get on to his account?

Thank you.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

gchantry wrote:I have a friend who has forgotten his password and no longer has the email account which he used to set up his lds account. How can we get his password changed so he can get on to his account?
Use the 'Forgot your password?' link on the sign in page, enter the uesr name and then select the MRN and Birth date recovery option. He will need his membership number which can be found on a temple recommend or from a ward clerk.

Return to “Church Account”