LDS Account Membership Record Numbers

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Account Membership Record Numbers

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:Check with your ward clerk and make sure the birth date on your membership record is correct.
And make sure the MRN you have is really yours. If you're using your temple recommend, that number could be wrong. That would certainly explain why the birthdate is wrong.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
joz_sud@hotmail.com

Post by joz_sud@hotmail.com »

washingtonwayne wrote:When trying to add the MRN to an existing account, I get the error:

Either the MRN and/or Birth Date is not valid or the account already exists.

I cannot see any donation history, so I am assuming that the missing MRN is causing a problem. What can I do to fix this?

i have the same problem :shock:
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

If you get the message that another account may already exist, the first thing to try recovering the username associated with the MRN. Start at https://ldsaccount.lds.org/recovery?type=username and choose to use the Membership Record Number to recover the username.
zairamae

Post by zairamae »

i am a Family History Consultant, and the members keep on asking me for help about their problems. One of those is, everytime their MRN is asked, (tho they already put it on their account right after they made it) as we put it down, usernames doesn't match. It's like other people are using their MRN's. They are oldies (old people) and newbies (new to technology world) so they don't really have alot of accounts, and they won't probably log in or make other accounts without our help. What do we need to do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zairamae wrote:One of those is, everytime their MRN is asked, (tho they already put it on their account right after they made it) as we put it down, usernames doesn't match. It's like other people are using their MRN's.
Hopefully they understand that they can only have one LDS Account that covers their church calling, lds.org and FamilySearch.

How are they looking up their MRN? Many times they look at their Temple Recommend, but that can be wrong.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zairamae wrote:i am a Family History Consultant, and the members keep on asking me for help about their problems. One of those is, everytime their MRN is asked, (tho they already put it on their account right after they made it) as we put it down, usernames doesn't match. It's like other people are using their MRN's. They are oldies (old people) and newbies (new to technology world) so they don't really have alot of accounts, and they won't probably log in or make other accounts without our help. What do we need to do?
I really doubt that other people are using their MRNs. It is far more likely that they have created two accounts -- one with their MRN and one without. For a member of the Church, an account without their MRN is pretty much useless.

What you need to do is help them recover the account that has their MRN. They can do that by starting to sign in to ldsaccount.lds.org, use the "Forgot Username" option, and recover the account using their MRN. Then emphasize that they should only use that account (it's the only one that will allow them to see ordinances or reserve names for temple work on FamilySearch.org).
james.poli

Post by james.poli »

When I try to look up the username for which my MRN is associated with, I get a message saying "This option is not available for this account" or something similar. Suggestions?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

james.poli wrote:"This option is not available for this account"
Some accounts cannot be recovered using this method. Please contact your ward clerk and ask him to put you in touch with the Global Service Center.
corbridgedebra

Post by corbridgedebra »

id love to check ldsaccount but it wont let me in and it will not recognize my membership number.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

corbridgedebra wrote:id love to check ldsaccount but it wont let me in and it will not recognize my membership number.
You signed into these forums with a membership LDS Account. Your LDS Account therefore has a MRN registered with that account. What other sites are you trying to sign into that is causing problems?

When you go to the LDS Account sign-in page and sign in, what happens? What specific error message do you get if the sign-in does not complete? If the sign-in completes, what are you trying to accomplish that you are not able to do?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”