LDS Account Membership Record Numbers

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
fallentoangel

Re: LDS Account Membership Record Numbers

Post by fallentoangel »

I can't access some of the app in lds.org specifically LEADERS AND CLERKS RESOURCES which is very important to my calling. i tried to attach my membership record but it says there that i have announced that i am not a member or my record is already existed. What shall i do?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

fallentoangel wrote:I can't access some of the app in lds.org specifically LEADERS AND CLERKS RESOURCES which is very important to my calling. i tried to attach my membership record but it says there that i have announced that i am not a member or my record is already existed. What shall i do?
You have another LDS Account that has your membership record number (MRN) registered with it. This is called a member LDS Account. You have a second account, the one you are using to post in this forum, that does not have your MRN registered. Only the member LDS Account will give you access to church sites and applications.

You need to recover that member LDS Account. Go to the LDS Account sign in page and select the "Forgot user name?" option. Select the third recovery option, "Membership Record Number (MRN)", under "Please choose how to recover your username." You will need to enter your MRN and Birth Date. Only use the MRN and birth date found in your membership record. Your membership record information is found in your Individual Ordinance Summary (IOS). You can get this from your ward clerk or ward membership clerk. Do not trust the birth MRN found on you temple recommend to be correct or your real birth date to be the same as the one in your membership record. The MRN and birth date found on your IOS are the ones you need to use.

Once you have the username for the member LDS Account you can reset the password for that account using the "I don't know my password" option. Use the "Membership Record Number (MR") recovery option again, just as you did for the username.

Once you have recovered your membership LDS Account you may want to have the nonmember LDS Accout deleted or merged with your member LDS Account. You will need to work through your ward clerk to have him contact the global service center (GSC) to get this done.

There is more information in the opening post (OP) to this thread regarding the MRN and LDS Accounts.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sawdust256

Post by sawdust256 »

My mother had all of our temple records and I am trying to locate my MRN so I can put it on family search. Can someone please tell me where to get my MRN? Please don't tell me my ward clerk. I have tried that.....no response.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

sawdust256 wrote:My mother had all of our temple records and I am trying to locate my MRN so I can put it on family search. Can someone please tell me where to get my MRN? Please don't tell me my ward clerk. I have tried that.....no response.
Besides the ward clerk, any of your bishopric members or an assistant membership clerk can give you your membership record number. If you haven't already, it may be helpful to stop by and visit them in person at the clerk's office after church – having been a clerk, sometimes I get an email and I think I'll take care of it when I'm doing other clerk things on Sunday, but then I forget. Also, because the membership record number is private, your clerks might not be willing to send it by email or phone (they can't verify who you are as easily).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
dsmam19

Post by dsmam19 »

I have an issue today trying to help our new Ex Sec. sign in. He doesn't remember ever having an account but attempting to register says he's already got one but we get the error Online password recovery is not available for this account when trying to recover his account.
How do we resolve this? With most of his tools on line now he's struggling to do his calling.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

He'll need to contact Local Unit Support. Because of his calling, I don't think standard recovery tools are available.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Prith001

Post by Prith001 »

Hate to add to this, but am facing same problem. Working on behalf of 1st Counselor, and has been held back for some time now.

Seems to be somewhat of a serious issue, and wish there was more official documentation or fix. :x :cry: :oops:
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Prith001 wrote:Seems to be somewhat of a serious issue, and wish there was more official documentation or fix.
Follow the suggestions mentioned earlier in this topic. If that does not work, contact your ward clerk, who will help you contact the Global Service Center. They will fix it.
misschickenfeeder@gmail.com

Post by misschickenfeeder@gmail.com »

Could I get a number for my local ward clerk?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

misschickenfeeder@gmail.com wrote:Could I get a number for my local ward clerk?
This is a global, public forum. There's no one here who can answer your question. I'd suggest looking at the directory or in LDS Tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”