LDS Account Membership Record Numbers

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Account Membership Record Numbers

Post by sbradshaw »

dradack wrote:I can't update my mrn number on the website it says invalid number or an account already exists.
The first thing you should try is, from the login page, follow the forgot username link and use the "membership record number" recovery option. It's likely that you have an account that was set up previously, and you can recover it using that option.

If it doesn't come up with any results, then check with your ward clerk to make sure you have the right membership record number written down.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
evonnetaufaga

Post by evonnetaufaga »

I have the same problem logging in my membership number. my bishop has checked it and it is the same number on my temple recommend but i cant seem to save it. it keeps saying either my birthdate or membership number is not correct. please help!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

evonnetaufaga wrote:I have the same problem logging in my membership number. my bishop has checked it and it is the same number on my temple recommend but i cant seem to save it. it keeps saying either my birthdate or membership number is not correct. please help!
Have you tried Samuel's recommendation in the first paragraph in the post just before yours?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ngcall1

Post by ngcall1 »

the system is not accepting my wife's membership number. which is [removed]
Last edited by russellhltn on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed MRN
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ngcall1 wrote:the system is not accepting my wife's membership number. which is [removed]
The MRN has been removed. This is a public forum, easily searched by internet search engines.

The problem could be one of three things:
  • The number is incorrect (what's written on your temple recommend could be wrong).
  • The birth date supplied doesn't match church records.
  • That number is already in use with another account.
For the first two, you need to get with your ward clerk and verify the information. For the last, use the "forgot username" link and try to recover the account using the MRN and Birthdate option. LDS Accounts are used for a number of things, including FamilySearch, employment, art contests, etc.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrendaThompson46

Post by BrendaThompson46 »

I am tearing my hair out trying to access genealogy I put into your records many years ago. I have moved house several times and I'm no longer in touch with a 'local' chapel (30 miles away). How can I get my membership number? My children want to know about their father's ancestors that I did the temple work for about 30 years ago in London.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

BrendaThompson46 wrote:I am tearing my hair out trying to access genealogy I put into your records many years ago. I have moved house several times and I'm no longer in touch with a 'local' chapel (30 miles away). How can I get my membership number? My children want to know about their father's ancestors that I did the temple work for about 30 years ago in London.
If your children are members, they can access the ordinance information directly through FamilySearch.org.

In the meantime, the only way to retrieve your membership record number is to ask the clerk at the nearest ward or branch. Since you live some distance away, I think he would be willing to work with you over the phone.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Since you live some distance away, I think he would be willing to work with you over the phone.
I'm not so sure about that. I'd be leery about working with someone over the phone that I didn't know. Especially if they weren't a member of my ward.

I'm pretty sure a "non-member" account can find information on FamilySearch. You wouldn't see the ordnance information, but at least you'd see people, sources, etc.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sjbritton

Post by sjbritton »

I have a MRN and an ads account, they're not connected or that's what my account says, but it won't accept the number when I put it in and I've double checked it multiple times and my bishop has double checked it. I've even tried logging out and selecting "forgot username" but it still won"t accept my MRN on the LDS site. It says "Either the MRN and/or Birth Date is not valid or the account does not exist." when I try logging in with my MRN. But if my number is wrong how come my bishop has it? (and it's not my birthday either, I've double checked everything I put in more than once.)
sspoonemore

Post by sspoonemore »

A member of our ward cannot access her lds.org account, when trying to do so she gets an error message something to the effect that when she signed up for an account she stated she was not a member of the church. I have verified her membership status with the Bishop and her member record number with her temple recommend and membership record. I inquired if she perhaps signed up for a family search account prior to her baptism 7 years ago but she does not believe this is the case.

Trying to use the forgot username feature has been unsuccesful as she gets the same error message. Who do we contact for help resolving this issue?

Thank you

sspoonemore
assistant ward clerk

Return to “Church Account”