Can't get my wife's login to work

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
BobHuckvale

Can't get my wife's login to work

Post by BobHuckvale »

My wife has been trying for the last hour or so to log in to lds.org and keeps getting this message: "Your user name or password is incorrect. Please ensure that you are entering the correct information."

We have reset the password multiple times, and even had the username sent--just to be sure, with the same results. After doing a password reset, we do get into the LDS Account page, but there is no way to get out of that page without getting logged out. Then when we try to log back in we get the same error message. We have tried it on Explorer and Chrome with the same results. We have also deleted all the lds.org cookies, but that didn't work either.

She has to get seminary grades entered ASAP.

Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't get my wife's login to work

Post by russellhltn »

In the past I've found it can take some time for a password reset to propagate to other systems. The LDS Account page updates right away, but the others can take several minutes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BobHuckvale

Post by BobHuckvale »

Just a note that soon after posting this my wife was able to log in on her Apple laptop on the first try, so I figured it had to be an issue with my laptop, as opposed to lds.org. I went back and tried again on my laptop, but still couldn't get in. Then I deleted the browsing history, and was finally able to get in. I would have thought that deleting the lds.org cookies would have done it, but maybe there was some other strange cookie in the history that was causing a problem. Anyway, problem solved.
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

We are glad to hear that everything worked out. Usually, deleting browsing history and clearing cache/cookies will work. The LDS Account password, when successfully reset, will sync immediately. If login attempts are still unsuccessful, there may be stored data on the device that is preventing the login to go through.

Return to “Church Account”